I ate this chutney at one of my aunt’s place and loved it…..The flavor is very unique and the color is blissful! This is easily prepared by roasting red bell peppers, garlic and dried red chillies and by blending them including peanuts, jaggery and tamarind juice. I made this at one of my potluck dinners and it was hit….Here is the detailed recipe. Hope you enjoy it as much we do in our family and friends.
- 3 Red bell peppers
- 5 Red chillies
- 5 Garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup Roasted Peanuts
- 1 tbsp Tamarind paste or juice from tamarind
- Salt as desired
- Heat oil is a heavy bottomed pan.
- Add garlic, red bell peppers, salt and red chillies.
- Let is cook till all the ingredients are soft.
- Set aside for it to cool down.
- Blend the roasted peanuts to coarse powder.
- Blend the cool down pepper mixture, peanut powder and tamarind paste.
- Don’t add water unless its needed. The pepper contains water and that should be self sufficient.
- Season with mustard seeds, curry leaves, fenugreek seeds and red chillies.
- Enjoy with some plain white rice or even Dosa or Idli.