A very popular evening snack on a chilly winter evening. These are made in a special skillet. The original well seasoned iron skillet is best however these days we can find a non-stick version.There are several variations on this is made. Here is my version. Hope you enjoy as we do….
- 1 cup Rice
- ½ cup Urad dal or Black gram dal
- 2 tbsps Soaked Channa dal
- Green chillies
- Soak the rice and urad dhal for few hours.
- Grind them into smooth batter with using just enough water.
- Ferment it overnight for a nice sour taste
- Add finely chopped green chillies, cilantro, soaked chana dal, cumin and salt to the batter and mix thoroughly.
- Serve hot using peanut, tomato or coconut chutney.