Ok! Before you think that there is a spelling error in the title…i want to say read as its spelled…thats it !! its the Telugu way of saying Tomato Soup….LOL
As a kid i loved this chaaru, used to cherish the taste of the sour and tangy tomatoes with a hint of spice and sugar… Today being a slow Friday, made a Pachi Koora and Tamato Chaaru with Brown Rice for Lunch…Very rarely i get cook a full lunch on a weekday…Hope you all experience the joy of these tastes!
- 6 Roma Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Tamarind paste
- 5 cloves of Garlic
- Green Chillies
- Small Onion
- Coriander seeds
- Cumin seeds
- Curry leaves
- Salt as desired
- Chop tomatoes into big pieces, add water, tamarind paste and boil till they become soft
- Add salt and turmeric . Let it cool aside.
- Grind to form a liquidy paste.
- Fry green chillies, onion, garlic, coriander and cumin seeds.
- Grind them to a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a vessel, add mustard seeds, cumin, asafoetida and curry leaves as seasoning.
- Now add the liquid, ground paste and let it boil.
- Garnish with coriander and enjoy as a soup or chaaru.