I have never been a big fan of Avocados, my daughter and my sister loves the Guacamole dip. I learnt making that and started liking them. During one of my visits to my cousin’s place i learned about this unique milkshake made out of Avocado. The color wasn’t that appealing however the taste was lovely !!! I Googled for more information on its origin, though Avocados are from Caribbean, South American region this milkshake and ice cream are very popular in Africa and Asia. I am sharing the recipe of this green appetizing milkshake.
- 1 ripen Avocado
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 2 tsps Sugar
- some ice cubes
- a few sprigs of mint leaves
- Slice and peel the avocado, save the pit. I use the pit from discoloration.
- Scoop the pulp
- Place the pulp, sugar and milk in a glass or a juicer. Ensure to use low fat milk, due to the high fat content in avocados this milkshake always turn out very creamy.
- Using a juicer or blender , blend to smooth.
- Add some ice cubes and blend for few more seconds
- Decorate with mint sprigs and enjoy !!